Online Registration for Kindergarten for September 2020 (Kinderstart for September 2019) will begin in May 2019 for both the English and Early French Immersion programs, as per the dates below.
- Monday, May 13 / Tuesday, May 14 for Central Region (Burin Zone)
Children must be five(5) years of age on or before December 31, 2020 in order to register.
Please note this registration process is for children who will attend Kinderstart in the upcoming 2019-2020 school year and Kindergarten in the 2020-2021 school year. Children registered in Kinderstart will automatically be registered to attend Kindergarten in September 2020.
To determine your zoned school, please visit our catchment viewer HERE.
Also noteworthy, Early French Immersion (EFI) is an optional program in designated schools throughout the District. Registration is accepted on a first-come, first served basis for a limited number of seats. Further details pertaining specifically to Early French Immersion are included below.
You will need the following in order to complete an online application:
- MCP number including expiration date;
- An email address in order to receive confirmation of receipt of your application;
- Contact phone number and an emergency contact phone number; and,
- An Internet-ready device
To complete the registration process, proof of address and confirmation of MCP number must be provided in person at the designated school on or before May 31, 2019.
Registration Dates and Times
- For the Labrador, Western and Central Region (includes Burin and Vista), online registration will begin at 9:00 a.m. (8:30 a.m. in Labrador) on Monday, May 13, 2019 and remain open until 9:00 p.m. (8:30 p.m. in labrador) on Tuesday, May 14, 2019.
- To complete the registration process, proof of address and confirmation of MCP number must be provided in person at the designated school on or before May 31, 2019.
- Any parents/guardians requiring Internet access or technical support may visit their zoned school during registration times for assistance. Please contact your zoned school by Monday May 6, 2019 to arrange assistance during the registration process.
- Any parent/guardian having registration issues (questions on the registration process, details to provide, or errors in the data submitted) while completing the form on registration day may contact/visit their zoned school for assistance.